Reboot 2012: A third of the way in.
I feel like I’m so full of energy right now, and there’s just absolutely no direction to it. I need direction, yo! Sometimes I wish I was still in school where they can give me structure, but that’s not how life works. At some point, I have to figure things out by myself.
I want to live a life where I can surf, be creative, and make a decent living. I don’t think that’s a lot to ask for, but what am I doing about it?
It’s not like I’m impoverished and have no means. I just feel like I’m not driving those means anywhere awesome. Like most everyone else, I always thought I’d grow up doing something pretty great. I feel like I’m at the cusp of greatness, but lack the push to get there.
I always feel that push of energy from time to time but I don’t seem to be able to follow through. I’ve written countless journal entries like this in the past, but writing stuff down won’t make things happen. But it does help me clarify what sort of junk is going on in my head.
So, today, what IS in my head?
1. I want to write again. I’ve been LAZY. I have been writing, but not in any way that is creative or particularly structured.
2. I want to draw again. I don’t need to make any great works of art, I just know I want to churn out proper works like I used to, before I got LAZY. Because for me, drawing was something that required a lot of thought because I like “elegant and simple solutions”, but somewhere along the way, I got too LAZY to think.
3. I want to eliminate “ay, nakakatamad” from my vocabulary. If I don’t do something, it better not be because I’m too lazy to do it. I better be physically incapable or not actually want to do it for a good reason.
4. I want to kickstart my freelancing career on Odesk.com. This means fixing up my portfolio and my profile. And actively seeking clients. :)
5. I need to narrow down the things that I need to do. Focus, and never let up on something if I need to get it done. (That’s awesome advice from my mom)
I think 5 items is good enough for my manifesto for now. It’s not really complete, but it’s a good start.
Getting my hair curled
And four people are working on my hair right now. How crazy is that??
Always in the woods when you leave familiar ground and step off alone into a new place, there will be along with the feeling of curiosity and excitement, a little nagging of dread.
It is the ancient fear of the unknown, and it is your first bond with the wilderness you are going into. What you are doing is exploring. You are undertaking the first experi-
ence not of the place, but of yourself in that place.
It is an experience of our essential loneliness, for nobody can discover the world for anyone else. It is only after we have discovered it for ourselves that it becomes a common ground and a common bond, and we cease to be alone. -
The One Inch Journey
I LOVED Firefly. And so when I watched Warehouse 13 S02E02 tonight, imagine my surprise when TWO characters from Firefly were guest starring! They were a couple in Firefly, and they were a couple in this episode. So cool, definitely deliberate. No two ways about it.
And yeah, yeah. I’m such a geek.